Skip to main content
Connect With Us
Optical Market Research
NEW inSights Research Program
inSights Research Program Introductory Webinar
Research Download Center
COVID-19 Related Market Research
Meetings & Events
Vision Expo East 2023
Vision Expo West 2023
All-Member Virtual Meeting
It's All Connected Virtual Events 2022
All-Member Virtual Meeting 2021
All-Member Virtual Meeting 2020
2023 Executive Summit
2021 Executive Summit
2020 Executive Summit
Lab Division Meeting
COLA Spring Meeting
Regional Connection Series
Member Services & Initiatives
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
Executive Certificate Education Offerings
The Power of Associations Award 2022
Opening Your Eyes: The Vision Council Scholarship Fund
2020 Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Survey Report
U.S. Legislative Response to COVID-19
COVID-19 Related Market Research
Member Insights Webinar Series
Sanitization Operating Assumptions
Optical Product Codes Manager
Electronic Progressive Identifier
Emerging Optical Leaders
Consumer Marketing Resources
Consumer Press Highlights
National Sunglasses Day
Lens Trends and Technology
Low Vision Outreach
FDA Agent Services
Division Secured Content
Eyewear & Accessories Division
Lens Processing & Technology Division
Low Vision Division
Optical Retail Division
Sunglass & Reader Division
Low Vision Prescriber Network Registration
Government & Regulatory Affairs
State Laws & Regulations
California Green Chemistry Initiative
California Prop 65
State Legislation: Vision Care Plans
Healthcare and Managed Vision Care
Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act
Employment and Labor
Employee Social Media Policy Guidance
FTC Proposed Rule on Noncompete Clauses
Trade and FDA
FDA Import Alert
China 301 Duties
Unique Device Identifier (UDI) Regulations and News
Standards Development and Stewardship
Made in the USA Labeling Requirements
OSRA Supply Chain Letter
U.S. Country of Origin Marking Rules
Manufacturing and Operations
HITECH Final Rule Released (HIPAA)
U.S. Regulations & Manufacturing Standards Covering Medical Devices Sold in the U.S.
Over the Counter Hearing Aid Sales
Chemical Management, OSHA and Workplace Safety
Chemical Management and OSHA Compliance
Emergency Action Plan Memo
OSHA 300 Log Memo
OSHA Hazard Communication Standard Updated SDS Format
OSHA Inspection Guidelines & HCS Requirements
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) Memo
Government & Regulatory Affairs Office Hours
Frame Manufacturing Standards and Regulations
Rimless Frame Drill Mount Standard
Standards for Sunglasses and Readers
ANSI Z80.3-2015 Points of Interest Guide
New EU Sunglass Standard Implementation Date Pushed Back
Guide to U.S. Regulations & Manufacturing Standards Covering Sunglasses and Reading Glasses – 2020
Standards for Lenses
ANSI Z80.1-2020 Points of Interest Guide
ANSI Z80.1-2020 Quick Reference Guide
ANSI Z87.1-2020 Overview
Lens Impact Resistance Guidance Revised 2013-12
Lens Impact Testing Plan Revised 2013-12
Mass Lens Manufacturers Comments on the 2010 FDA Q&A on Impact
Standards for Communication
Lens Data Security Memo (April 2018)
Accredited Standards Committee Z80
Membership Levels and Application
Better Vision Institute
Committee Participation Opportunity Form
Please provide the information requested below if you would like to volunteer for a committee.
Please indicate which committees you are interested in:
Emerging Optical Leaders
• Identify the next generation of optical industry leaders for The Vision Council.
• Create leadership development opportunities & foster networking opportunities for emerging optical executives.
• Share insights helpful to the strategic goals of The Vision Council.
• Treasurer serves as Chair of the Finance Committee. Committee is comprised of up to five members.
• Review the annual audit /operating budget and recommends to the Board of Directors for approval.
• Reviews the investment policies and TVC Financial Politics & Procedures Manual.
• Reviews the long-term investment allocation strategy and investment advisors performance.
• The Committee may also choose to review other Association financial activities.
• Chaired by the Immediate Past Chair and consists of the Division Chairs and 3 additional members.
• Responsible for creating a slate of officers and directors to stand for election to the Board of Directors for the following year’s terms of office.
• Responsible for committee assignments
• Responsible for the development of the theme, content and experience of all TVC events.
– Recommends the dates and venues to the Board of Directors for approval
– Develops the theme and schedule of events
– Identifies and recommends speakers
– Ensures consistency of strategy, TVC brand, quality, etc.
• Establishing and directing, in conjunction with Reed Exhibitions, the long range strategic marketing goals and objectives for the International Vision Expo Shows.
• Membership consists of the Chair of the Show Committee (serves as the liaison to the Board), Vice Chair of the Board of Directors and divisional representatives.
• The Show Committee develops/evaluates show policies and procedures. Provides recommendations to the Board on such issues as acquisitions, venue and exhibit fees
Marketing and Communications Committee
• Develops the communications and marketing programs for TVC, and recommends the budget for these components of TVC’s outreach.
• The Committee Chair preferred to be a member of the TVC Board of Directors.
– Members consist of Chief Executive Officers or senior marketing/public relations executives of member companies.
• The Committee consists of approximately 15 members, representing the various divisions of the organization.
Government and Regulatory Affairs
• Develops organization positions on key public policy issues.
• Member companies serving on the committee will travel to Capitol Hill to educate and deliver the organization’s public policy priorities directly to key federal decision makers and their staff.
• The Vision Council maintains a full-time legislative and regulatory staff in the nation’s capital and is actively engaged in all regulatory and legislative policymaking that may impact member companies and consumers.
Environmental Sustainability and Social Awareness Committee
• Discussion and sharing of best practices on
- recycling initiatives
- reducing waste
- lowering carbon footprint
- circular manufacturing techniques
Market Research Committee
• Advise The Vision Council’s market research team in setting a research agenda.
• Provide subject matter expertise on industry-related research topics.
• Review and provide input on early drafts of research reports.
• The Vision Council has ten technical committees and task forces, maintained under either the Lens Division or the Lens Processing & Technology Division.
• Committees are charged with developing standards for ophthalmic optics.
• Write standards that pertain to lenses, frames and optical laboratories.
• Discuss issues including frame manufacturing, standards for lens development, and communication tools.
Leave this field blank
Back to top