Join Our Team
The Vision Council is always looking for dedicated and hardworking people to join our talented team in this vibrant industry. If you would like to work with us, please send your resume and cover letter to Kathleen Sack, The Vision Council’s Human Resources Director, at email@example.com. We are looking forward to learning more about you!
Director of Shows - Posted March 2022
The Vision Council (TVC) seeks an individual as Director of Shows to lead the association’s trade shows (in partnership with Reed Exhibitions). Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to, focusing on attendee experience and exhibitor experience to enhance networking opportunities, improving attendance and supporting marketing of the show across all mediums.
The Director of Shows reports to the Vice President of Shows and will be responsible for:
- In conjunction with RX (Reed exhibitions) our partners in the trade shows function as a show expert liaison to ensure best practices that drive attendance and improve attendee and exhibitor ROI.
- Make recommendations, prioritize and execute strategic initiatives that are put forward by members of the team and Vision Council committees.
- Evaluate reports and data to continue best practices and make changes based on findings.
- Manage the show budget
- Provide perspective and market intelligence to establish the shows strategic direction
- Foster an environment of collaboration and partnership with strong relationships to support execution of key initiatives.
- Advise senior management on progress of strategic initiatives.
- Monitor performance and goals, assign accountabilities, set objectives and establish priorities.
- Participate in educational opportunities about tradeshows and vision industry and use the knowledge to plan goals and activities.
- Work with The Vision Council show committee and report on action items
The ideal candidate for this position will have:
- Seven to ten years of relevant experience
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing or business
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong priority setting skills
- Manage multiple relationships with a variety of internal and external stakeholders
- Financial acumen – able to build and manage a budget
- Travel – 20%
Base salary depends on relevant experience. Benefits include, but are not limited to, a business-casual work environment, medical, dental, vision, life and disability coverage; 401(k); paid sick leave and most federal holidays off. The Vision Council is a fully remote work environment
The Vision Council’s office is located in Alexandria, VA; prefer candidates who either live in the DC metro area or the northeast Tri-State area to allow for attending in-person events and meetings as required.
Interested applicants should send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.
At The Vision Council, our mission is to position members for success by promoting growth in the vision care industry. This means we continually celebrate the diverse community different individuals cultivate. As an equal opportunity employer, The Vision Council prioritizes diversity, equity, and inclusion as an integral part of our culture.