Vision Expo East 2022
March 31 - April 3, 2022
Vision Expo East 2022 will take place at the Jacob Javits Center in New York City from March 31 - April 3, 2022.
The Show’s educational program developed by the Education Planning Committee together with OptiCon®@Vision Expo will open Thursday, March 31, and the Exhibit Hall will open Friday, April 1. To register, click here.
Health and Safety Update
As of March 7, 2022, in accordance with New York State and New York City guidelines and the updated requirements of the Javits Center, proof of COVID-19 vaccination and face coverings will not be required to attend Vision Expo East, taking place Thursday, March 31 – Sunday, April 3, 2022 at the Javits Center in New York City.
VisionSAFE, Vision Expo’s comprehensive set of health and safety guidelines, policies and resources designed to support a safe experience at Vision Expo, have been updated accordingly. For details on all health and safety protocols that will be in place onsite; specific guidelines for exhibitors; travel tips and resources; and frequently asked questions, click here.
Please note that all restrictions and requirements are subject to change.
OptiCon @Vision Expo
OptiCon @Vision Expo will return with an unmatched education program and Exhibit Hall experience for opticians, contact lens professionals, allied ophthalmic professionals, optical assistants and office managers, frame buyers and lab technicians. The OptiCon Hub will host networking, social events and access to representatives and resources from the American Board of Opticianry and National Contact Lens Examiners (ABO-NCLE), National Academy of Opticianry (NAO), Opticians Association of America (OAA), National Federation of Opticianry Schools (NFOS), Contact Lens Society of America (CLSA) and vendor partners.
Attendees will have access to over 230 hours of education, ranging from the latest business strategies and optical technology to patient care and cutting-edge innovations. For more information about education at Vision Expo, including courses and topics, click here.
Show Floor Neighborhoods
Vision Expo’s new neighborhood for brands with unique, ownable culture and respected industry position, The Atelier, will debut at Vision Expo East. The Atelier will house a limited group of sought-after independent designers from across the globe and feature a dedicated welcome concierge, exclusive lounge, canapé food service, beverage activations, and live music. Exhibitors include Emmanuelle Khanh, LINDA FARROW, T HENRI, Tom Davies, l.a. Eyeworks and Thierry Lasry, to name a few.
Additional Show Floor neighborhoods include:
- The Focus – Representing the foundation of eyecare and offering the key to masterfully servicing patients and customers, The Focus brings together lens and coating technology, lens processing techniques, disease management solutions, contact lens innovations and eyecare practice optimization.
- The Park – Industry icons, ubiquitous brands and prestigious collections unveil their latest styles and offerings in inspired large-scale displays that celebrate the worlds of superior style and exemplary service.
- The Union – The ultimate shopping experience for those seeking the newest in independent design, this energetic showcase offers new collection launches, pop-culture inspired collaborations and “talk-of-the-show” trends.
- The Springs – A bold platform for the next generation of optical icons, The Springs is a true discovery zone and incubator for emerging talent in eyewear design and vision innovation.
Additionally, The Bridge, a main stage destination, will host a rich schedule of special events, panels and presentations. More information on events taking place in The Bridge will be shared in the coming weeks.
Career Zone-Student Lounge
On Saturday, April 2, the Career Zone-Student Lounge, a central hub for students and young professionals to network with participating companies, will take place all-day. Vision Expo East 2022 will also offer students exclusive registration benefits including free Exhibit Hall admission and unlimited access to education. Companies interested in participating in the Career Zone-Student Lounge should contact Suzanne Krauss, Vision Expo’s Career Zone Manager, at Suzanne.Krauss@rxglobal.com, by March 1, 2022.
Vision Expo Global Talent Search
Vision Expo has also opened applications for the second annual Vision Expo Global Talent Search, supported by the eyewear designers of the Council of Fashion Designers of America (edCFDA). The competition aims to identify and support emerging designers and promote their talent to the vision community.
To be eligible for consideration, designers must demonstrate the following:
- Business was established after January 1, 2018;
- Annual sales are equal to one million or less; and
- Press and social media support.
Interested designers should submit their application before January 10, 2022. One winner will be announced on January 21, 2022, and introduced to the eyewear community at a celebratory event hosted by the edCFDA and Show organizers. The event will take place on Friday, April 1, 2022, in The Atelier. The winner will also receive a complimentary booth at Vision Expo East 2022 in The Springs.