Join us at the Lab Division Hall of Fame Award Ceremony and Reception
You're invited to join The Vision Council at the Lab Division Hall of Fame award ceremony and reception on Wednesday, Sept. 18, 6:30 p.m.–9:30 p.m. in conjunction with Vision Expo West 2019 in Las Vegas.
Enjoy cocktails and dinner while recognizing this year's Lab Division Directors' Choice Award recipient Steve Sutherlin, The Vision Council's Lab Division liaison and former president of Sutherlin Optical. Sutherlin was inducted into the Hall of Fame in 2008 and will be honored again this year for his more than 45 years in the optical industry. The 2019 Lab Division Hall of Fame inductees will also be honored during the reception.
The 2019 Lab Division Hall of Fame inductees are as follows:
- Arman Bernardi, Ph.D., iCoat - Bernardi took leadership of iCoat during a vital transition period, significantly growing sales, introducing new technology, efficient workflow practices and ultimately making iCoat's coating technologies the standard in coating departments of multiple large mass merchants and vision insurance companies.
- Yvette Carranza, DVI - Carranza is recognized for her leadership and aim to help the industry find ways to better utilize and integrate computer automation with manufacturing processes and RX delivery methods in a profitable and timely manner.
- Edward DeRosa, Signet Armorlite - DeRosa is known for his customer service and passion for the optical industry, while understanding competition and encourages sales teams to go above and beyond to supply optometrists with the right products to set them apart.
- Skip Payne, IcareLabs - Payne grew up in the optical industry, taking over the family business from his late father in January 2000. After restructuring to focus on laboratory business, Payne worked with his brothers and nephews to improve every system and procedure.
- Kevin A. Rupp, Essilor - Rupp has been a key strategist behind the growth and success of Essilor of America over the last 20 years, having great involvement in the Essilor Vision Foundation as a founding board member and treasurer.
- Jörg Spangemacher, MAFO Magazine - Spangemacher has dedicated his life to reporting on the optical industry worldwide, creating MAFO – The Conference as a dedicated place for industry professionals to gather and learn.
For more information on The Vision Council's Division meetings and to register, visit thevisioncouncil.org.