Join Our Team
The Vision Council is always looking for dedicated and hardworking people to join our talented team in this vibrant industry. If you would like to work with us, please send your resume and cover letter to Kathleen Slack, The Vision Council’s Human Resources Director, at [email protected]. We are looking forward to learning more about you!
Trade Show Project Coordinator
Updated August 30, 2021 - The mission of The Vision Council is to position members for success by promoting growth in the vision care industry through education, advocacy, research, consumer outreach, strategic relationship building and industry forums. We are seeking a Trade Show Project Coordinator to help us achieve our mission. This position reports to our Senior Director of Shows.
The Trade Show Project Coordinator will support growth and key program development for the Vision Expo portfolio of shows and digital marketplace. The employee will find success in this position by managing coordination and implementation of projects in a timely and organized manner. The employee will ensure that projects remain alighted with the strategy and goals of The Vision Council by providing strategic recommendations to stakeholders and guiding projects to completion.
Key Responsibilities and Duties
- Support the overall Vision Expo live event and digital marketplace strategies
- Support project plans for short- and long-term projects for Vision Expo
- Track and communicate project status, deliverables, and deadlines
- Manage pre-show logistics and onsite execution for assigned special events, programs, and ongoing enhancements.
- Track financial transactions of projected budget expenses
- Serve as department’s source of information for members, attendees, and staff as it relates to the portfolio of shows and digital marketplace
- Support department committees by recording meeting minutes and completing other duties as assigned.
- Maintain department historical files and samples
- Organized and detail oriented
- Able to communicate in clear and concise manner
- Adept at multi-tasking
- Proactive in problem solving
- Strategic and able to prioritize tasks
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in business management or relevant field is required
- At least one year’s work experience with meeting management or event planning is preferred.
We offer competitive pay and benefits, including fulltime remote work location. Candidate must be based in the DMV.
At The Vision Council, our mission is to position members for success by promoting growth in the vision care industry. This means we continually celebrate the diverse community different individuals cultivate. As an equal opportunity employer, The Vision Council prioritizes diversity, equity, and inclusion as an integral part of our culture.