Neurofeedback Glasses that Train Your Brain
Neurofeedback training (NFT) has its foundations in basic and applied neuroscience as well as data-based clinical practice. It takes into account behavioral, cognitive and subjective aspects, as well as brain activity. Neurofeedback training uses monitoring devices to provide moment-to-moment information to an individual on the state of their physiological functioning. The characteristic that distinguishes NFT from other biofeedback is a focus on the central nervous system and the brain. Neurofeedback training has been shown to do the following:
- Control migraines and seizures;
- Reduce addictive behaviors;
- Lessen symptoms following a concussion;
- Decrease chronic pain;
- Improve attention, focus and concentration;
- Increase self-confidence and self-awareness;
- Curtail stress, anxiety and impulsivity;
- Encourage calm and mindfulness, and self-control;
- Improve memory and the capacity to learn;
- Slow down the cognitive effects of aging.
Neurofeedback training glasses are currently part of a kickstarter campaign by Narbis, a wearable tech company founded by Dominic Greco. NFT glasses use sensors to track brain activity. These signals are sent to the lenses of the NFT glasses. When the performance of the brain becomes distracted or deflected, the lenses darken, bringing the wearer back to full awareness, and when the brain's performance improves, the lenses of the glasses clear.
By practicing keeping the lenses clear, the wearer eventually will learn how to keep their brain functioning at its highest level longer, increasing overall productivity and performance. These lenses are not available in prescription strength, as they are more for training brain function than vision correction. To learn more about Narbis, visit their website or join their campaign.